March 24th, 2012 // 10:00 am @ mceja
Without a marketing plan you are destined for failure. Without a marketing plan, there are a million and one ways to misspend your marketing dollars.
Your marketing plan helps you envision the future, budget for the future, and do a post-mortum analysis of what marketing campaigns worked and what didn’t work so you don’t do it again.
Here are 5 tips for writing a marketing plan:
- Determine a monthly budget. What can you spend on marketing this month? Next 3-6 months? WRITE IT DOWN.
- Determine the marketing channels you would like to use based on where your clients are. Are they on social media? Are they online? Are they at an industry event?
- Determine the sequence of these tools. Yes, eventually you probably to do it all, but you can’t afford to do it all today. At least not properly unless you have Zappos’ marketing budget.
- Determine the timeline. Write down your marketing goals on your calendar. If your goal is to get 500 fans by September, write it down.
- Measure and adjust. Every month see if your marketing efforts are achieving your goals. If not pivot.
If this is not your strength, contact us for help. We are experts. We will save you time, money, and frustration.